Handling a slip and fall compensation case can be challenging. You might have evidence that suggests the property owner should be held responsible for the accident, but things might not necessarily be so black and white. Expect some challenges, and that is why you should consider working with our seasoned Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer.
Property and business owners are required to put up warning signs informing employees and visitors of existing or potential hazards. Failure to do this can result in the owners facing premises liability lawsuits for accidents like slip-and-fall. The slip/trip and fall can be associated with the owner’s recklessness, negligence, or indifference. Your attorney will investigate your claims to unearth the truth and determine the property or business owner’s liability.
At Crockett Law Group, we are confident that we can help you or a loved one pursue compensation for slip and fall injuries. Opting to handle the lawsuit yourself is your legal right, but it is a decision that we have seen many people regret. The odds of you getting fair compensation for your injuries are better when you work with a reputable and experienced attorney. If you are searching for one in Irvine, California, our personal injury lawyers at Crockett law are here for you. Get in touch with our Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer today at (800) 900-9393 to book a free consultation and learn more about how you can secure your rights and interests.
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accidents?
Surveys show that many of the accident cases in the emergency rooms in hospitals in California and across the nation are associated with tripping/slipping and falling accidents. The accident victims seek treatment for head trauma, bone fractures, sprained wrists or ankles, spine damage, severe bruises, brain trauma, lacerations, shoulder dislocation, knee damage, muscle strain, and nerve damage. Understanding the possible injuries associated with slip or trip and fall accidents is useful.
It can help you ask the right question and know what to expect when consulting your doctor or attorney. The conversations can shed light on the best treatment programs and inform your lawyer of the ideal winning strategy for the compensation claim. Slip/trip and fall accidents are often linked to different injuries, but they often share the same causes.
Some of the leading causes of slip and fall accidents in Irvine, California are:
- Poor upkeep or structural defects are leading contributors to most slip/trip and fall cases. Such issues are evidenced by uneven floors, broken tiles, cracked sidewalks, or torn carpeting.
- Icey, wet, or polished floors staircases, walkways, and surfaces.
- Slips in factories, restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, or stores.
- Tree roots that grow above the ground and debris such as branches pose a danger to people.
- Failure to Salt snow and shoveling it away to minimize the risks it poses.
- Damages or missing gutters and storm drains that help manage rainwater and thawing ice, or not using anti-slip solutions during wet conditions.
- Property and business owners not putting up warning signs that inform people of potential dangers.
How Can an Irvine Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Help Me With My Case?
Handling slip and fall lawsuits can be a challenge, but it is one best handled with a team of law professionals by your side. Therefore, consider hiring an attorney with experience in the various laws and requirements associated with such cases. We believe that we are the perfect solution to your legal woes when seeking compensation for slip and fall injuries.
It would be best if you had a team of dedicated attorneys with the necessary resources to fight for your rights and interests. It comprises experts who will conduct a comprehensive case evaluation to determine the chances of winning and the strategies that will help achieve said results. Our Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer also will gather the evidence needed to support your claims. Moreover, you will have a specialist who will oversee negotiations with the insurers to ensure they do not devalue or reject your claim.
Overall, we shall commit to providing the best legal counsel, advising you accordingly on safeguarding your interests, and ensuring you have a better chance of getting a favorable outcome whether we go to trial or settlement negotiations.
What Steps Can Be Taken to Help a Slip and Fall Case?
The law allows you to file a compensation case against business and property owners for slip and fall injuries sustained on their premises. But the chances of getting the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses are better when you know the steps to take that follow the law’s requirements. Firstly, remember that you are your best advocate when a slip and fall accident happened in a public place.
We recommend doing the following things after being involved in a slip and fall incident:
- Take all the photos you can at the time, documenting the scene to have enough evidence to support your compensation claim case. You can use your mobile phone to take pictures and short videos, and if what you document has timestamps, the better.
- Report the incident to a property owner, business manager, or relevant authority soon after the accident happens. Also, make sure you document the notice by ensuring it is signed, and you keep a copy of the same as evidence.
- Take down the names and numbers of potential witnesses because your lawyer might contact them requesting them to testify on your behalf, giving an account of what happened. Their statements will be compared to the owner’s version of the story and compared with the factors surrounding what happened to determine who is telling the truth.
- Seek immediate medical treatment. It is best not to assume any minor injuries because they could become a life-threatening situation later. The treatment can be a life-saving intervention on a condition that might have a significant impact on your life. Moreover, the doctor’s report and your medical bills can be used as evidence supporting your slip and fall compensation claim.
- Do what you can to try and have the matter addressed promptly, which is why we reiterate the need to inform the property owner and your slip and fall lawyer about the incident before taking any legal actions. It is an option that we recommend because finding an amicable solution is better than going through a protracted court battle that is avoidable. Your slip and fall attorney will be present, providing legal counsel and guidance so that all parties reach an agreeable solution.
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident Be Proven?
Proving liability is essential if you want to get the maximum compensation. Conversely, unsubstantiated blame can potentially lead to a reduced settlement or claim rejection. Therefore, it is best to consider hiring a reputable, dependable, and experienced attorney who will work hard to unearth the truth and help you win.
Proving liability is a process that we commit to doing with our focus on two primary factors:
- Proving the property owner or business manager was aware of the existing dangers in their premises or should have reasonable knowledge about them.
- Proving that you were not informed of the hazardous conditions, thus were not aware of the potential slip and fall risk to have acted accordingly and avoided getting hurt.
How is Liability Determined in a Irvine Slip and Fall Case?
You could qualify to pursue a compensation claim case if you slip and fall when on another person’s property, be it a private home, apartment complex, government offices, or any other private or public place. But you also must contend with various factors that define the legal requirements for such a lawsuit. Working with our seasoned Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer helps you get answers to some of the common questions that can influence the outcome of your compensation claim case.
Some of these questions that we have encountered include:
- What were your reasons for being on the property when the accident happened?
- Would, another person in the same situation have noticed and avoided the hazard if they were not distracted?
- Were there warning signs put up to alert people of the dangerous conditions that could result in a slip and fall accident?
- Were you distracted by something else that made you not notice the potential hazard?
How Much is My Slip and Fall Lawsuit Worth?
In the years we have handled slip and fall cases in Irvine, California, we have learned how each case can be different, even if the causes for these accidents are seemingly the same. That is why a particular lawsuit might prove challenging than another. Things can get more complicated when your case is handled by a lawyer that lacks the necessary expertise.
At Crockett Law Group, our Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer shall investigate your claim, gathering all the facts needed to determine what your case is worth. Furthermore, the information gathered will be used to develop a winning strategy.
We shall consider the following things when determining what your slip and fall lawsuit is worth:
- The nature and extent of your slip and fall injuries
- Your medical expenses and physical therapy costs (current, outstanding, and future)
- Loss capacity to earn
- Lost wages during your incapacitation that made you not go to work
- Mental and emotional turmoil among other non-economic damages
- Potential punitive damages
What Are the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
In California, slip and fall accident victims have two years from when the incident happened to file their compensation claim case. From our experience, we have learned that your chances of getting fair compensation are better when you start the process as soon as possible.
However, this does not imply that you also will manage to resolve the case within a short time. Things can get complicated, but you can deal with any challenges that pop up if you have a seasoned attorney on your side handling things.
Overall, you risk voiding your rights to pursuing the matter in the future if you fail to file the case within the stipulated two-year period. As such, it is best to get in touch with us as soon as possible so that we can start the legal processes and you can focus on treatment and recovery from your slip and fall injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Accomplished and Dependable Irvine Slip and Fall Accident Attorney At Crockett Law Group
Businesses and property owners are expected to erect safety signs that alert people of potential dangers on their premises. However, not all of them will put up the warning signs. As such, any slip and fall incident that happens on their premises can be attributed to their negligent, reckless, or indifferent conduction regarding upholding other people’s safety. That means that you can sue them for a slip and fall accident that occurs when on their property.
Nevertheless, we wish to reiterate that slip and fall lawsuits are never a straightforward affair. Having evidence that suggests liability is not a foolproof approach to securing your rights and interests. That is why opting to handle the case yourself is never a brilliant move. You risk devaluing or rejecting the compensation claim because you lack the necessary expertise when facing the insurance companies. But you can overcome all the hurdles that come your way if you have the best legal counsel in Irvine, California, representing you.
At Crockett Law Group, we take pride in our track record, having represented various clients, and helped them walk away as winners, receiving all they are rightly owed. We are a law firm confident that we can fight for your rights and interests if you wish to pursue a slip and fall lawsuit. The Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer handling your case will investigate your claims to unearth the truth and determine the property or business owner’s liability. The odds of you getting fair compensation for your injuries are better when you work with a reputable and experienced attorney.
If you are searching for one in Irvine, California, we at Crockett Law are here for you. Get in touch with our Irvine slip and fall accident lawyer today at (800) 900-9393 to book a free consultation and learn more about how you can secure your rights and interests.