Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident? Whether you were a pedestrian or a motorcycle rider, you might have suffered serious injuries from the motorcycle accident. As such, you will be forced to spend too much money on medical costs and rehabilitation. Also, you might be forced to stay out of work as you recover. Well, you need to be compensated for the injuries suffered. Crockett Law Group should be your first choice for a Victorville motorcycle accident lawyer.
At Crockett Law Group, we work on various types of personal injury and accident cases including motorcycle accidents in Victorville, CA. We are ready to work round the clock to make sure that you don’t have to pay for your medical costs out of pocket. You don’t have to lose your standard of living simply because you have suffered a motorcycle accident. We are here to help. Feel free to contact us today and get in touch with our top-notch Victorville car accident attorneys.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
If you are wondering how Crockett Law Group can help you with your compensation claim after a motorcycle accident in Victorville CA, here is what you need to know.
File a Claim
If you don’t have any legal background, you might not have an idea of how to file a claim. Note that, motorcycle accident claims might be rejected if they are filed late or improperly. Over the years we have been operational, we have filed thousands of claims. Therefore, we know the paperwork required to file a proper claim after your motorcycle accident in California.
In order to show the other party is at fault for the motorcycle accident, we need to collect evidence that helps your claim. Therefore, we will talk to the witnesses at the scene and the police to get the accident report. If you have never done this before, you might not have a clue on how to get started with collecting evidence but we are here to help.
Once we have presented our case to the liable party, their insurance company might start the negotiation process to offer a settlement. They are likely going to give you the lowest offer possible so they can get an easy win. However, we are expert negotiators who are prepared to talk with the other party on your behalf. We will make sure that you receive the right compensation amount after your motorcycle accident.
If both parties can’t reach a proper settlement, the next step is trial. Well, if you have never been in a courtroom before you might not know where to get started when it comes to litigation. At Crockett Law Group, we are expert litigators who are ready to present your case to the judge and jury. Our endgame is to make sure that you receive your rightful compensation without fail.
Call us today and let us start working on your case immediately. If you have suffered injuries after a motorcycle accident in Victorville, CA, we are ready to help.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Note that, most motorcycle accidents are preventable and avoidable. Some of the known causes of motorcycle accidents include the following.
If a motorcycle rider is not concentrating on the road and other users, they are likely going to get into an accident. The same goes for other road users who might not be aware of motorcycle riders on their path.
Failure to Pay Attention to Motorcycles
Most drivers might not notice motorcycles especially if they are in their blind spots. Therefore, they are likely going to cause accidents if they take unexpected turns or if the motorcycle riders assume that they can be seen.
Drunk Driving or Drugged Driving
If you are riding a motorcycle or driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you are likely going to cause a motorcycle accident.
Faulty Mirrors, Lighting, or Brakes
If you are driving around with faulty brakes, lighting or mirrors, it’s easy enough to cause a motorcycle accident or harm other road users especially if you take unexpected turns.
Unexpected Pedestrians on the Road
It’s easy enough for pedestrians to assume that a motorcycle rider or car driver can see them and cross the road unawares. If you are not careful, you are less likely to notice unexpected pedestrians thereby resulting in a motorcycle accident.
Whatever the cause, you need to work with the best Victorville motorcycle accident lawyer in California at Crockett Law Group. We are here to make sure that you receive your rightful compensation. Call us today and get in touch with our top attorneys.
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in California?
Just like other road users, motorcyclists must follow specific rules that are applicable to them. These laws are meant to protect motorcyclists and other road users. Here is what you need to know about the motorcycle-specific laws in California.
- All motorcyclists should apply for a learner’s permit before applying for a license.
- If you are under 21 years of age, you should hold a permit for 6 months before applying for a license.
- Before applying for a learner’s permit you must pass a skills test, vision exam, and knowledge test in the California Motorcycle Handbook.
- If you are under 21 years of age, you should pass a California motorcyclist safety training course offered by the California Highway Patrol.
- If you have a learner’s permit it is valid for 12 months after being issued. However, you are not allowed to carry passengers, drive on the freeway or drive at night.
- As a motorcyclist, you should wear your helmet at all times.
- Your motorcycle must have both left and right mirrors.
- If you have installed handlebars on your motorcycle, your hands should not be more than 6 inches above your shoulder height when you are sitting on the seat.
- You must have working turn signals for both rear and front.
- All motorcyclists are required to carry minimum amounts for liability insurance $5,000 for property damage, $15,000 for bodily injury to an individual, and $30,000 for bodily injury to multiple victims. Note that, if you are involved in an accident and don’t have the minimum insurance coverage, your license might be suspended for one year.
Before riding or being carried on a motorcycle in Victorville, CA, make sure these laws are adhered to. That way, if you are involved in an accident, you can be compensated without any hassles. Call Crockett Law Group today and get the compensation you deserve today after suffering injuries from a motorcycle accident in Victorville, CA.
What Are The Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you are likely going to suffer from these injuries.
Regardless of whether or not you have suffered a combination of these injuries or just one, you need to get immediate medical assistance. Make sure that you document your injuries and ask for the doctor’s report for your compensation claim application. Since you might be in a lot of pain, we are here to do everything necessary to make sure that your claim isn’t rejected because of missing documents. Let us help you as you rest and recuperate. Call us now and let us start working on your case immediately.
How Is Fault Determined in a Victorville Motorcycle Accident?
In some accidents, one of the parties might be clearly at fault while the other might be the victim. On the other hand, in some motorcycle accidents, both parties might be partially at fault. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Victorville, CA, the pure comparative fault method will be used. Under this rule, you can recover compensation for your injuries even if you are partly at fault for the accident. The defendant will only be liable to a motorcycle accident victim depending on their own percentage of their fault.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident in Victorville, CA?
If you have suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident in California and applied for compensation, here are a few types of compensation you can receive.
Here, you will be compensated for the monetary value of the losses suffered after any injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident. These include loss of wages, medical costs, property damage, and much more.
Here, you will receive compensation for the non-monetary losses suffered after sustaining injuries from a motorcycle accident. These include emotional suffering, pain and suffering, and much more.
These damages are only awarded by the judge to punish the guilty party for their actions. The judge will determine the punitive damages and whether or not to award them depending on your case.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
Have you applied for a motorcycle accident compensation claim but it has been denied? Well, if it has been denied, here are some of the possible reasons.
- If the insurance policy on the motorcycle was canceled or it lapsed before the accident, the compensation claim will be rejected. That’s because there will be no legal way to pay out compensation on a voided insurance policy.
- The motorcycle rider was not insured under the policy. If you took out an insurance policy that doesn’t insure the rider, then you will not receive compensation. However, if other parties were injured, they will be compensated accordingly.
- If they believe the accident was 100% your fault. As mentioned above, California relies on a comparative fault compensation process. However, if the accident was 100% your fault, then you will not receive any compensation.
- If the insurance company doesn’t believe that you were actually hurt from the motorcycle accident. There are numerous insurance scams out there and if you are trying to get compensated for injuries that you didn’t suffer, a legitimate insurance company should be able to sniff it out and deny your compensation claim.
- If the insurance company has investigated the motorcycle accident and believes that your injuries were not caused by the accident, you will not receive compensation.
If you want to receive compensation after sustaining injuries from a motorcycle accident, make sure that you speak to the best attorneys at Crockett Law Group. We can file your compensation claim immediately and make sure that you receive the right amount of compensation. We are here to help. Call us today so we can get started on your case immediately.
Are There Time Limits for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in California?
Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident in Victorville, CA? Are you wondering whether or not you should file a compensation claim? Yes, everyone deserves to be compensated after suffering any injuries from a motorcycle accident. However, for you to receive that compensation, you need to follow the statute of limitations.
Note that in California, you have 2 years from the date of the accident to file a compensation claim. If you fail to meet the statute of limitations as required by law, your claim will be voided. That’s why it’s prudent to talk to our motorcycle accident attorneys at Crockett Law Group. We can start working on your case immediately to make sure that you are compensated accordingly. Call us today and get in touch with our best attorneys for your compensation claim.
Reach Out to an Experienced Victorville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Yes, a motorcycle accident can be quite dangerous resulting in serious injuries. If you or your loved one has been injured after a motorcycle accident, feel free to reach out to us today. We are here to help. We can start working on your case immediately. With our experience, you can always count on the best results when it comes to your compensation after sustaining injuries from a motorcycle accident.