Car accidents are unforeseen and can have a rattling impact on your life. They can cause expenses and bring fear, suffering, and inconvenience. In such a situation, you might think if you need a lawyer? The answer is yes. One should reach out to an Irvine car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
California is a beautiful state, but with many vehicles on the road, car accident rates are rising throughout the state.
Do’s and Don’ts After a Car Accident:
After an auto accident, when the victim is under crippling medical bills and physical pain, there are a few things to avoid and some things to do. If you have met an accident, you should immediately:
- Call the police and emergency medical teams. The police and medical report will be valuable when establishing fault and liability.
- Gather the necessary evidence if you can. It has become easy now in the age of smartphones. Click pictures of license plates, eyewitness information, car damage, traffic patterns, intersections, and other information that could help you establish fault.
- Contact an Irvine car accident lawyer. Insurance companies try to reduce their liabilities by making low-ball settlement offers, which are usually a fraction of what a victim requires to recover. Therefore, one should reach an attorney as soon as possible. However, it is necessary to remember that contacting a lawyer is not the same as filing a lawsuit.
While it is necessary to talk about what to do after an auto accident, it is equally important to remember what to avoid in such a situation. Lesser the mistakes, the less complicated your recovery process will be. If you have met an accident, you should not:
- Fail to report your accident. No matter how tempting it is to make a cash deal to avoid the insurance claim for the automobile, do not resort to that. Sometimes the expenses can exceed the expected figure and result in a potential loss.
- Admit blame. It is human nature to feel apologetic. Saying you are sorry after a car crash can show that you accept the fault. Even if you think you are partly at fault, do not admit that.
- Accept a settlement. The insurance companies often tend to pressurize the accident victims, using the take it or leave it approach, into accepting an amount that is far less than they need. Do not accept anything without first consulting with your lawyer.
Hire Irvine Car Accident Lawyers to Receive Compensation:
If you sustained injuries in an accident, you must receive compensation. Moreover, it is essential to note that the insurance companies are never on your side. They do not have your interest in mind. Instead, they tend to make settlements that suit them. To reduce their liabilities, they might pressure the injured auto accident victims into accepting low-ball settlement offers.
Not everyone who has faced a car accident will need legal representation. But, if your accident was severe, then it is required to call an attorney as soon as possible, so they can begin building your case. If any of the following apply to your case, contact an Irvine car accident lawyer straight away:
- The collision has caused significant injury to you or someone else
- The fault is unestablished
- The accident involves a pedestrian, motorist, cyclist, truck, etc.
- The accident occurred in a school zone, construction zone, work zone, etc.
- The driver is uninsured
- The insurance company sends confusing messages or mixed answers to the liability concerns
However, sometimes even in minor collisions, legal assistance becomes necessary. These circumstances include:
- Minor accidents that result in significant damage to the vehicle
- Injuries to yourself or the passengers with you
- You or your passenger missed a substantial affair due to the collision
- Facing problems with your car insurance claim
What Can Affect Your Compensation?
The moment your vehicle crashed, the clock started ticking. It is a countdown to the first financial blow coming your way. For most people, that first blow is a missed paycheck. Then the medical bills come in. Eventually, they find themselves in a financial pit.
It is a well-established fact that auto accident victims who have legal representation receive more compensation than those who do not. Personal injury lawyers know the tactics of insurance companies; they can help auto accident victims to negotiate and stand up to the insurers.
In addition to this, timing is a crucial factor in personal injury claims. After a car accident, there are various unexpected things to take care of, and the victim is also dealing with physical injuries and emotional distress. It takes time to recover and deal with the necessary paperwork. Unfortunately, car insurers will be seeking to reduce their liability in any car accident claim immediately.
Therefore, you need to file a claim as soon as possible. An experienced car accident attorney knows the necessary steps to deal with insurers after a car accident. Provide your lawyer with the contact information, key facts about your case, police report, medical records, financial documents, photos of the accident scene, and witness contact information and statements.
Furthermore, it is tempting for most people to settle the car accident matter without filing a claim. People think that dealing with an insurance claim is an irrelevant bargaining process. This notion is incorrect and can result in lost claims and less recovery.
Reach Out to the Best Irvine Car Accident Lawyers:
Being in an auto accident can be traumatic. The injuries can be a strain on your social and financial situation. And, the insurance companies think about their interests. So, it is better to have a professional by your side from the very beginning. You can reach out to a skillful personal injury attorney in Irvine, CA.
Our team will collect all the necessary evidence and work swiftly to build a strong case for you. During your consultation, you’ll be able to discuss the strength of your case and the attorney’s fee arrangement. Talk to us today!