Slip and fall incidents leading to injuries can happen to any individual anywhere for multiple reasons. For instance, all it will take could be a small puddle or even a spilt drink. A slip and fall accident can result in brain trauma or broken bones, among other serious injuries. It will be best to hire a skilled Fullerton slip and fall lawyer to offer you legal representation if you suffer injuries after tripping or slipping in a hazardous condition on someone’s property.
You may qualify for monetary compensation after a slip and fall accident. You must hire a Fullerton slip and fall attorney at Crockett Law Group to help you fight for the compensation you are entitled to due to the damages you will have suffered because of your injuries. Our team will analyze your case and help you establish whether or not you have a solid legal claim.
There is no specific approach to representing victims regarding slip and fall claims. Our personal injury lawyers in Fullerton, CA, will give your case personalized attention and investigate it until we uncover all the responsible parties. We have vast experience in slip and fall cases. Book a free consultation with one of our Fullerton slip and fall lawyers today by calling us on (800) 900-9393.
What Are the Common Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall incidents happen almost every other day and can result in life-altering injuries. Navigating the case alone can be stressful as it is not always easy to determine the party at fault. In most cases, another person is often responsible for your injuries. If you are unsure who the party at fault is, our Fullerton slip and fall lawyer can help you determine the responsible party.
The trip, slip, and fall accidents can cover a broad spectrum, including:
- Faulty structures or improper maintenance that leads to uneven steps, cracked sidewalks, heaved blocks, potholes in parking lots/streets, torn carpeting and broken floor tile that create trip hazards
- Unlit or poorly lit walkways, parking lots, or hallways
- Wet/slick/slippery staircases, walkways, pathways, or floors
- Defective escalators or broken staircase – including missing handrails
- Spills that are left uncleaned inside hospitals, stores, nursing homes, etc.
- Hazardous debris that are not removed such as tree branches
- A failure to install anti-slip devices, gutters, or storm drains, which created unsafe conditions during snowfall or heavy rainfall
- A failure to situate warning signs and/or restrict areas when unsafe conditions like any of the above exist
How Can a Fullerton Slip and Fall Lawyer Help Me With My Case?
Our dedicated slip and fall accident attorneys in Fullerton, CA, has extensive experience handling slip and fall cases and can help maximize your claim value. Crockett Law Group works on a contingency basis, meaning we work on your case for free, and you are only required to pay us after we win your case.
There are multiple ways a Fullerton slip and fall lawyer can help you with your case, including:
- Listening to the details and gathering information that will serve as evidence
- Helping you develop a winning legal strategy
- Helping you get an appropriate medical diagnosis, care, and treatment
- Investigating your claim
- Consulting with experts with exclusive insight into the premises liability
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Representing you in court
- Organizing your bills and medical records as proof of the extent of your injuries
- Helping you calculate damages and what your claim is worth
- Offering you legal advice
- Establishing negligence
Did a slip and fall incident leave you suffering from severe injuries? Talk to a Fullerton slip and fall lawyer with Crockett Law Group. Call us (800) 900-9393 for a no-cost consultation.
What Are Some Steps to Take in Order to Help Your Slip and Fall Case?
While proving negligence in a slip and fall case can be difficult, there are a few things you can do when you slip, trip, or fall to help your case. Following specific steps can help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
When you slip and fall in public, you can be your own best advocate:
- Take all the photos you can at the time: It is essential to take pictures detailing the accident. Take pictures of the accident scene, the hazardous conditions that led to the accident, and the injuries you suffered due to the accident. It will be best also to note the location, date, and time the accident happened.
- Report the incident to a manager: After a slip and fall accident on someone’s property, it is essential to report the incident to the manager or relevant party. Owners and managers often ask you to make a report when you are injured on their business premises. Confirm that your accident report contains all the relevant details of the accident. The report can prove that you took the accident seriously and followed the necessary steps of documenting the incident soon after it occurred. When you file your claim, avoid declaring any fault for the accident until you speak to a Fullerton slip and fall lawyer.
- Take down the names and numbers of witnesses: It is essential to get witness testimonies as they will be helpful when you pursue your slip and fall claim. If the property owner/their insurance company counters your claim or attempts to deny their role altogether, the witness statements can confirm your version of events. Note down the name and contact information (for follow-up purposes) of the witnesses and politely ask if they will be willing to provide an account of what they witnessed.
- If you need medical attention, get it immediately: While some injuries are instant, others may take time to manifest. After a slip and fall accident, ensure you seek medical attention even with no apparent injuries. Seeking immediate medical attention helps prevent serious consequences.
- If possible, check to see if the problem is addressed right away: Check to see if the issue is addressed after you reported your accident. Afterward, you can contact a Fullerton slip and fall lawyer to protect your interests and ensure you get total compensation.
How is a Slip and Fall Accident in California Proven?
All property owners have a duty of care to anyone who visits their building. They must safely maintain their building to avoid being held responsible for wrongful death or injuries that may result when they ignore their duty and let dangerous conditions prevail on their property.
You have to prove the defendant’s negligence caused your injury if you want to recover damages. Luckily, when you work with Crockett Law Group’s Fullerton slip and fall lawyers, we can help you prove negligence.
We work with skilled investigators and other professional experts to establish fault and why the property owner is responsible.
Our skilled Fullerton slip and fall lawyers can help you prove a slip and fall accident in different ways, including:
- The property owner knew about the unsafe conditions or should have reasonably known about their existence
- You were not aware aware of the hazardous condition (you could not see it in time, and there were no warning signs posted)
- The defendant leased, occupied, controlled, or owned the property where the accident happened
- Proving that while the owner was aware of the hazardous conditions on their property, they did nothing to remedy these hazards
- The property owner’s negligence was a significant factor in causing the injuries you suffered in your slip and fall accident
- You were injured when you slipped and fell on the property
- The property owner was negligent in the maintenance of their property despite knowing the hazards it posed, and their negligence is the primary cause of your injuries
- Proving that you had a legal and viable reason to be on the property when the accident happened
- Proving that the injuries were not a result of your carelessness, such as texting while walking and failing to pay attention to the hazardous conditions on the property.
How is Liability Determined in a Fullerton, CA, Slip and Fall Case?
In California, anyone who leases, controls, occupies or owns property must adhere to the duty of care. As a result, these parties can be held liable when an innocent individual is hurt due to their negligent behavior.
In some cases, the duty of care applies to parent companies or any insurance companies associated with the property where the victim is hurt.
Whatever the case, our Fullerton slip and fall lawyer must prove the defendant was negligent. If the defendant knew about the danger on their property and ignored it, they are expressly liable. Property owners will often argue that you are partly to blame for your slip and fall accident.
With comparative negligence in play, some of the arguments the property owner will make to try and prove that your shared fault include:
- The hazardous condition should have been obvious to you
- The footwear you were wearing was unsafe or inappropriate for the situation
- You were not paying attention while walking
- You were on a section of the property where visitors are not expected to be or are not allowed.
Here are questions you can expect to be asked while filing your slip and fall claim:
- Did you have good reason to be on the property owner’s premises at the time of the accident?
- Would a person of reasonable caution (if they weren’t distracted in any way) in the same situation have noticed and avoided the dangerous condition?
- Did the property owner warn licensees or invitees of the dangerous condition that led to your slip and fall accident?
- Were you engaging in any activities that contributed to your slip and fall injury?
The above questions are used to help determine fault and establish if a duty of care was owed. Consult a skilled Fullerton slip and fall lawyer before answering any questions or signing anything.
California’s pure comparative negligence rule allows slip and fall victims to recover damages even when assigned 99% fault. However, you will only recover a percentage of damages assessed from the defendant.
Is a property owner or their insurance company blaming you for your slip and fall accident? Our Fullerton slip and fall lawyers can help. Even if you shared fault for the incident, we will gather evidence to determine and reduce your percentage of fault so you can recover maximum compensation.
How Much is Your Fullerton, CA, Slip and Fall Case Worth?
Before establishing how much your case is worth, you should consider multiple crucial factors. There is no standard settlement figure for slip and fall accident cases as each is unique, but our Fullerton slip and fall lawyers can help you determine how much your slip and fall case is worth.
The factors that determine how much your slip and fall case is worth include:
- Your income and occupation
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- Your diagnosis and prognosis
- Your pre-incident health
- Your age
- Your inability to work
- The financial condition of the liable party
- Pain and suffering
Are There Any Time Limits to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in California?
Time is essential when it comes to filing your slip and fall claim. The state has outlined a specific time frame for individuals seeking compensation from the defendant. Failing to file your claim within the allocated time frame means you can never file a claim in the future.
It is crucial to work with a skilled Fullerton slip and fall accident lawyer as they know the comprehensive state laws and will offer you insight on the time you have to file your claim.
In California, the statute of limitation for filing your claim is two years from the time of the accident. But there are exceptions where this statute of limitation may be suspended. For instance, if the injured party is a child under 18 or the defendant is out of state for a specific period.
Depending on your unique case situation, an experienced Fullerton slip and fall lawyer will advise you on how long you have to file your claim after your accident.
Let Our Fullerton Slip and Fall Lawyer Help After a Slip and Fall Accident
Serious slip and fall accidents often result in severe injuries and affect your quality of life. You are entitled to compensation if your slip and fall accident results from another person’s negligence.
In California, slip and fall accident claims are regarded as serious matters. At Crockett Law Group, our Fullerton slip and fall lawyers can offer you legal representation to ensure they help you get full compensation.
Crockett Law Group is a top-rated and award-winning law firm with over 30 awards and honors. We have years of experience in the industry and have worked with multiple clients for whom we have won millions of dollars for the injuries they suffered.
We prioritize our clients, and our services are free until we win your case. Book a free consultation with us, and let us fight for your right to receive full compensation for your slip and fall claim. Call us (800) 900-9393 to get started.