Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic. They can change your life by lowering the quality of it. Severe spinal cord injuries can lead to permanent disabilities. The victim can suffer from physical and emotional pain and loss of bodily functions. California’s law allows you to claim maximum compensation from the responsible party if you or a loved one has suffered spinal cord injuries in Fullerton due to someone else’s fault. If you reach out to an experienced Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyer today, you won’t have to face that alone.
A spinal cord injury is usually caused by an impact to the spine that damages the spinal nerve roots. In fact, the location and severity of the injury can impact the whole life of the victim. For example, severe damage to the nerves in the neck can produce quadriplegia or a complete loss of the body’s ability to control arms and legs.
On the other hand, if the injury occurs lower on the spinal cord, it may lead to paraplegia or paralysis of the lower body. A victim of spinal cord injuries is supposed to spend an average of 11 days in a healthcare facility’s acute care unit.
Proving the negligence of the responsible part is important to claim the maximum benefits for your spinal cord injuries. Trying to do it on your own isn’t the best way to get a successful outcome. You need an experienced Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyer to handle your case.
Personal injury law firms are plentiful in Fullerton. But all of these firms are not top-notch. When you want the best Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers, you don’t have to look further than Crockett Law Group. We are your trusted personal injury law firm to handle your spinal cord injury claim.
Our experienced spinal cord injury lawyers can help the judge and juries understand the impact of a severe spinal injury on an accident victim’s life. The Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers at Crockett Law Group will spend time with the victim and his/her family to understand every detail of the victim’s struggle to cope with his/her new reality.
We will make it a priority to gather every bit of evidence necessary to obtain the favorable outcome that you rightly deserve. Call Crockett Law Group in Fullerton, CA at (800) 900-9393 today to handle your spinal cord injury case and claim the maximum benefits.
How Much Are Spinal Cord Injuries Worth?
Spinal cord injuries can result in significant medical and other expenses. The medical costs for the first year of a spinal cord injury victim can range from a few hundred thousand dollars to over a million dollars according to the severity of the injury.
The victim may require between $40,000 to $190,000 annually for the remaining years of his/her life. These expenses don’t include the lost income and other expenses related to the accident.
Our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers have the necessary negotiation skills, experience, and knowledge to handle these types of cases and get you the maximum compensation that you rightly deserve. Here are some of the benefits that you can expect to receive from a successful spinal injury case:
- Past and future medical expenses – Our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers will help you claim past and future medical expenses to treat your injuries.
- Lost income – You cannot go back to work soon after a spinal cord injury. Most victims may never be able to go back to work. Our Fullerton spinal cord lawyers will negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company to compensate you for the loss of income you had to undergo as a result of the accident.
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life – Spinal cord injuries can affect your ability to perform day-to-day activities and lower the quality of your life.
- Emotional suffering and distress – Spinal cord injuries can affect your emotional health. It may lead to emotional suffering and distress.
At Crockett Law Group, our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers can help you to determine the true cost and effect your spinal injuries have caused you.
What Are the Most Common Types of Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)?
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) states that there are three main types of spinal cord injuries that affect more than 65% of all spinal cord injury victims:
- Quadriplegia – Quadriplegia, also known as tetraplegia, is paralysis from the neck down, including the trunk, legs, and arms of the victim. This type of SCI is caused due to an injury to the spinal cord and nerves that transmit messages of sensation & movement from the brain to parts of the body. The most common cause of quadriplegia is trauma to the spinal cord due to accidents, falls, and other causes.
- Triplegia – Triplegia is known as an incomplete spinal cord injury. Three limbs become paralyzed in triplegia. The condition will result in the loss of sensations and movements in one arm and both legs. The cause of triplegia can vary, but the condition is most often caused due to spinal cord damage.
- Paraplegia – Paraplegia is a condition that affects your ability to move the lower half of your body. It happens when an injury impacts the part of your nervous system that controls the lower part of your body. If you suffer from paraplegia, you may have trouble moving the stomach muscles, legs, and feet.
Our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers have helped clients to get the compensation that they deserve for their injuries. Call Crockett Law Group today.
Why Should You See a Doctor Right Away After a Back Injury?
Spinal cord injuries may not be immediately apparent at times. Most people who are involved in minor auto accidents tend to discount their injuries. The most important thing to remember is to never delay medical treatments when you have suffered a blow to the spinal cord due to a workplace or auto accident. In fact, spinal cord injuries can be life-threatening when not treated at the beginning.
On the other hand, the insurance company may try to pay out the minimum amount of compensation if they know that you have delayed seeking treatment for your condition. That is why you need to see a doctor right away after suffering a back injury due to an accident. You should also reach out to a Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyer.
If you experience symptoms such as muscle weakness, breathing problems, loss of voluntary muscle movement in the chest, arms, or legs, and loss of bowel and bladder function after the accident, make sure that you seek immediate medical treatments.
If you’ve suffered spinal cord injuries due to no fault of your own, call our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers today!
What Are Some of the Causes Of Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries occur as a result of an accident caused by another party’s negligence. According to our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers, here are some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries:
- Workplace accidents – Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common in workplaces.
- Car accidents – Car, truck, and other vehicle accidents can result in spinal cord injuries.
- Violence – Violent acts can lead to spinal cord injuries.
- Sporting or recreational accidents – Sports and recreational accidents are the other common cause of spinal cord injuries in Fullerton.
What Can I Expect to Recover if I Have a Spinal Cord Injury?
Spinal cord injuries will affect the entire life of the victim. Courts award significant compensation for these types of lawsuits due to how permanent and catastrophic spinal cord injuries are. Your Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyer can help you to figure out what you may be able to recover.
You can expect to receive compensation for a wide range of damages including:
- Medical expenses – past and future – You can claim all medical expenses (past and future) including medical bills, surgical costs, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs and vehicle modification if you experience permanent disability as a result of the injuries.
- Pain and suffering – A spinal cord injury can inevitably lead to emotional suffering, pain, and distress. You can claim compensation for pain and suffering in a spinal cord injury claim.
- Lost income due to the injury – Spinal cord injury victims may not be able to work again even after they have recovered from their injuries. They can claim compensation for lost income due to injury.
How Are Spinal Cord Injury Cases Different from Other Personal Injury Cases?
Most other personal injury cases are not serious as spinal injury cases. Most of the time, the victim will recover from other injuries after some time. But spinal injuries are different because they may have long-term health issues that require long-term care.
Our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers have years of experience in helping clients with their spinal cord injury lawsuits.
Is There a Time Limit to File a Spinal Cord Injury Claim in California?
Yes, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits including spinal cord injury cases is 2 years from the accident or injury in California. You need to file your claim before the statute of limitations to claim the maximum benefits from the responsible party.
Get in touch with our skilled Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers today by calling us at (800) 900-9393.
What if a Spinal Cord Injury Happened at Work?
If you have suffered spinal cord injuries in your workplace, your case will be handled as a workers’ compensation claim. You are protected as an employee by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance cover. But you cannot sue the employer to get your rightful benefits. Talk to our experienced Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers to know what you should do if you have suffered spinal cord injuries in the workplace.
If You’ve Suffered a Spine Injury Call Our Fullerton Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
Spinal cord injuries can have drastic effects on an individual’s quality of life. You need an experienced Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyer on your side to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit and claim the maximum benefits from the responsible party.
If you have suffered spinal cord injuries in Fullerton, CA, you can always count on our Fullerton spinal cord injury lawyers to help you recover the financial compensation that you rightly deserve. Call Crockett Law Group in Fullerton, CA at (800) 900-9393 today to handle your spinal cord injury case and claim the maximum benefits.