Have you recently lost a loved one? Do you suspect it is wrongful death? Well, depending on your relationship with your loved one, you might be eligible for some compensation. You need to work with the best attorneys in Indian Mills, California to file a wrongful death claim and get compensation for the loss of your loved one. Crockett Law Group should be your first choice for wrongful death claims in Indian Wells, California. Call us now and talk to our best wrongful death lawyers in California.
Table of Contents
How Is Wrongful Death Defined In California?
Just like other states, in California, wrongful death refers to one caused by the legal fault of another person in acts such as negligence, medical malpractice and intentional acts. Losing a loved one can be very traumatic.
When you have lost a loved one because of the actions of another person, your grief will become worse by knowing that your loved one’s life was cut short by the actions of another person. Even worse, financial hardships resulting from the death of your loved one can make things more challenging.
Thankfully, you can file a lawsuit against the person responsible for your loved one’s death and that’s where a wrongful death claim in California comes in. You need the services of our expert wrongful death lawyers at Crockett Law Group for the best results. We have worked on a lot of wrongful death cases in the past and are ready to start working on yours. Call us to get in touch with the best wrongful death attorneys for your case.
What Are The Common Causes Of Wrongful Deaths?
- Criminal actions such as intentional homicide
- Medical malpractice such as medication errors, surgical errors, medical injury, and misdiagnosis
- Defective products such as appliances, medical devices, drugs, vehicles, electronics. These will lead to product liability claims citing wrongful death.
- Faulty construction and engineering malpractice.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Contaminated food and other sanitation issues in commercial kitchens
- Pedestrian accident fatalities
- Improper or illegal alcohol service such as a bartender serving alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person.
If any of these actions have resulted in the death of your loved one, you need to get the law on your side. If you are looking for the best wrongful death lawyers in Indian Wells, California, choose Crockett Law Group today. We are here to help.
Who Is Qualified To File A Wrongful Death Claim In California?
You can file a wrongful death claim in California if you are the deceased’s;
- Domestic partner or surviving spouse
- Grandchildren of the deceased children of the deceased
If the deceased doesn’t have any surviving family members, you can file a wrongful death claim if you would be entitled to the property of the deceased by intestate succession. Here, you can file a claim if you are the deceased’s parents, siblings or any other person related to the deceased, depending on who is alive on the line of succession.
On the other hand, you can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the decedent if you can prove that you were financially dependent on the deceased. These people include:
- Putative spouse (someone with good faith but mistaken belief to be in a lawful marriage with the deceased)
- Children of the putative spouse
- The stepchildren
- Legal guardians (if the parents are deceased)
Call Crockett Law Group In Indian Mills, CA to determine whether or not you are eligible to file a wrongful death claim after the death of your loved one. We are here to help you during this trying time.
What Damages Can You Recover In A Wrongful Death Claim In California?
When you file a wrongful death claim in California, you can receive the following types of damages.
These are financial damages to restore the losses incurred upon the wrongful death of a loved one. They include:
- Financial support the decedent would have contributed to your family. Any future support will be reduced to present cash value.
- Loss of benefits you would have received from the deceased.
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The reasonable value of the household value the deceased would have provided.
These are non-monetary benefits that you would have received from the deceased if they had lived. These include the following.
- Loss of love, comfort, companionship, protection, care, affection, assistance, moral support and societal support from the deceased.
- Loss of intimacy
- Loss of guidance
At Crockett Law Group, we have worked on numerous wrongful death claims over the years we have been in business. We can make sure that you receive the full amount of damages from the loss of your loved one. Call us now so we can start working on your case. We are ready to help you during the grief from the loss of your loved one.
What Is The Statute Of Limitations For A Wrongful Death Claim In California?
Has your loved one recently passed? Do you suspect that it is wrongful death? Well, you need to start working on the wrongful death claim immediately. In California, you have 2 years from the death of your loved one to file a claim. If you let the statute of limitations expire, your claim will be voided. Therefore, you need to start working on the case immediately.
Working with our experienced wrongful death lawyers at Crockett Law Group is the best start. We can make sure that your claim is filed within 2 years after the death of your loved one. We will work diligently to make sure that you receive the benefits owed to you from the wrongful death of your loved one.
An Indian Wells Wrongful Death Lawyer is Available to Help
After losing a loved one, you might be feeling confused and lost. However, if you don’t act on the wrongful death claim of your loved one immediately, you might end up losing the case altogether. Call Crockett Law Group today and get in touch with the best wrongful death attorneys in Indian Mills, California.